Friday, September 15, 2006

I SHOULDN'T ... BUT I MUST

Yes, I've blogged before. Somewhat unsuccessfully. On my first blog, I felt like every post should contain some significant Words of Wisdom, so a lot of entries got first-drafted, but never perfected enough to post. Then spammers ate the blog site. I took this as a sign from On High that blogging wasn't for me.

Plus, I really should spend that time working on my actual WRITING.

But oh, the temptation....

Some of my friends have a lot of fun on their blogs (I'll try to figure out how to post their links soon!). Now, Trish Wylie of The Pink Heart Society has started a write-a-book workshop, while actually daring to post a meter that shows how far she's gone on her own work in progress. And hey, whaddaya know, I'm on Chapter One of my current wip.

So here I go. I'll try to find a way to post that progress meter here, and I'll even try to tell the truth on it. This blog, rather than being an attempt at semi-weekly Words of Wisdom, will be an informal journal, mostly about my writing life, but don't be surprised if my family shows up too. After all, they're the ones who put up with me.

I'll do my best to keep it interesting. But fair warning: any Words of Wisdom will be purely accidental.

No comments: