Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Home Sweet Home


My friend Steph, who strolls her home beaches of Florida for writing inspiration, was wondering how my own High Desert might compare.

Well ... I'm afraid the desert makes for prickly strolling. Plus, it's hot in the summer, and it can be cold and crabby in the winter. In short, the rough beauty of our area might best be enjoyed from behind a climate-controlled car window. But I did find this, taken when we were shooting photos for one of my husband's CDs.

Those are Joshua trees, by the way. They grow in only two parts of the world: the Mojave Desert and Israel.

So, yes, beauty is where you find it. Although if you tried to find a place in this picture to sit down and take it in, you'd probably end up saying OW!!

1 comment:

Stephanie Newton said...

It's gorgeous, Sierra. I want to visit! I've seen desert before--in Israel. (I first typed dessert...yeah, I've seen that before too, waaaay too many times, LOL!)